Immigration /

Nonimmigrant Visas

The US Visa System consists of nonimmigrant visas and immigrant visas. Nonimmigrant visas are issued to foreign nationals who wish to come to the United States temporarily for a visit or work. The type of visa that one should be applying for will depend largely on the purpose of one’s visit. For example, a diplomat sent to the United States to work for an embassy would be applying for an A visa. A general description of visas available from the State Department website can be found here. Please be advised that each visa has its own unique set of requirements and we strongly recommend that contacting an experienced lawyer to assist in determining what type of visa that you would be qualified for.

Additional Information

F-1 Visa for Foreign Students
Study USA Program

H-1B Specialty Occupation
General Description of H-1B

Employer and Alien Worker Obligations Under H-1B: H-1B Visa Petition Responsibilities